Sunday, October 12, 2014

Water

Not too much to say about water in Korea. It's safe. I haven't heard of anybody getting sick. There are water purifiers everywhere and every convenience store sells bottled water.

According to Wikipedia, Korea does not fluoridate their water. If you don't know about water fluoridation, it's a bit of a controversial topic. Do some research. Here are two perspectives:
For: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation
Against: http://fluoride.mercola.com/

One interesting thing: Drinking fountains are reaaally uncommon. I don't think that I've actually seen a single one since I arrived in Korea. I'm not sure if there are any anywhere. You know what is really common, though? These metal cups. It seems like every single restaurant and cafeteria has them, and they're all identical. And they have UV sterilizers. I don't know much about them, but I will find out more soon.
This exact setup is eeeevvvveryywhere.


Also, Koreans hardly drink any water. And especially not at meals. I find it very strange.
I like water. I drink like two liters of water every day. Gotta maintain a clear stream ;)

물 (Mul) - Water
물 주세요. (Mul juseyo.) - Give me water, please. (This really is the polite way to ask for water.)
물 사랑해! (Mul sarang-he!) - I love water!

Yay water!

No comments:

Post a Comment